“A gathering of those who feel the call of the mother earth and act on it!”
– for personal and planetary healing –
Why Gaia calling is born?
- To acknowledge the pain and suffering of the mother Earth, also to celebrate the strength and potential it holds, in healing itself, in regeneration and evolution.
- To realise the Earth is also learning, as we are exploring and learning about ourselves. This recognition of the immense strength of Mother Earth makes us empowered, gives inspiration and we can harvest these qualities in ourselves, get energy to be silent warriors in our journey of life. These five days will be about connection with Gaia* along with finding our unique capacity and strength to offer ourselves in this process of evolution and change.
In this transition period, many of us can hear the cry of the Earth as we witness the loss of biodiversity, environmental degradation, over-exploitation and the socio-economical crisis happening around us. While a part of humanity choose to stand still and continue their business as usual, others decided to take a different approach. We are now having a wave of new “Earth Warriors” generation who stands up for the right of Gaia. They are the ones that care and wonder, the ones that seek to make a change in their own daily lives, the ones that take actions and the ones that unite others around them. Gaia Calling is for these Earth Warriors. The journey of regeneration might be long, but together we are stronger, wiser, happier and more determined than ever to reply to the call of the Earth.
- Gaia Calling: 18th – 22th of March, 2019
After the Calling there will be a NextGENOA Networking Conference:
- Break: 23rd of March, 2019
- NextGENOA Networking Conference: 24th – 26th of March, 2019
NextGENOA is the Next Generation of the Global Ecovillage Network of Oceania and Asia. This networking conference is open to anyone who is interested in collective actions or seeks to join hands with NextGENOA. For more information about NextGENOA go to the following link:
After the NextGENOA Conference there will be some interesting events at Gaia Ashram that are open to join as well:
1. Thai Permaculture Convergence held at Gaia Ashram:
28th – 31st of March, 2019
More information on the Thai Permaculture Convergence go to the website:
2. Permaculture Design Course (PDC) held at Gaia Ashram
31st of March – 18th of April, 2019
More information can be found on:
Gaia Ashram is an alternative education centre where we host international and local courses, activities and workshops on Nature Connection, Sustainable Living, Permaculture & Ecovillage Design for for Thai and international people.
“Gaia Ashram aims to be a place where we live holistically, practice and realize the interconnectedness and the oneness of all living and non-living beings.”
Gaia Ashram is a small international community living project based on 6-hectares of land which is being developed using deep ecology, permaculture and ecovillage design principles in the North-East of Thailand.
Gaia Ashram, Nong Khai, Thailand
More information about Gaia Ashram:
Youth and young adults (approximately less than 35 years old), living in Asia and Oceania region, who are interested or involved in sustainability movement.
Exchange of knowledge and information related to theme of the Gathering via presentation, discussion, sharing, dialogue, open space, etc…
Guided sections with notable speakers (names to be confirmed) and sharing sections among topics in social, economical and ecological dimensions.
A safe space to create a deeper connection with the Earth, with each other and with ourselves; to express our gratitude and celebrate our love for Gaia through music, art, rituals and cultural exchange.
This is the space where people can offer their skills to contribute to the beauty and abundance and to regenerate the land. The love and joy in working together practically will also deepen our connection with ourselves and with each other.
Gaia Calling is a co-creation space where everyone is encouraged to express themselves and contribute their ideas/expertise to enrich the gathering together as a whole.
Day 1 – 18/03/19
- Morning: Arrive and settle in
- Afternoon: Introduction circle and logistics orientation
- Evening: Opening ceremony
Day 2 – 19/03/19: Social Dimension
- Keynote speech, presentation, dialogue, discussion on social sustainability
- Workshops, hands-on
- Celebration and rituals
Day 3 – 20/03/19: Economy Dimension
- Keynote speech, presentation, dialogue, discussion on economy for common good/gift economy
- Market Day
- Collective games
Day 4 – 21/03/19: Ecology dimension
- Keynote speech, presentation, dialogue, discussion on economy for Deep ecology
- Night of Gaia
Day 5 – 22/03/19: WHole Systems
- Culture, celebration and whole systems thinking.
- Closing circle
- Farewell and clean up
- Relaxing day
24 – 26/03/19
- NextGENOA Networking conference
- Celebration and rituals
*More detailed schedule will be sent to registered participants before the gathering.
How to apply?
First we ask you to register through the form below and after this we ask for the payment of the contribution fee which gives more information below:
Register here : https://goo.gl/forms/0u2OP5Q6jmBGinRD2
Gaia Calling 18-22 March
- 2500 bath per person.
This includes vegetarian food, basic accommodation will be provided, it covers some of the travel expense of some elders that will join us and share their wisdom. The accommodation is in tents or dorm. We have limited space in dorms so those that register first get first choice. If you can bring your own tent that would be much appreciated.
- There are three shared rooms which fits three people per room which can be rented for an extra fee 350B/room/day. Please inform us in time if you chose this option.
- There are 6 single rooms that can be rented for 300 bath per day. Please tell us in time if you chose this option.
As Gaia Ashram is still in an establishing phase, the facilities are basic. The project provides dry composting toilets but recently set up two vermicomposting water toilets. The cold bucket showers are simple bamboo structures.
NextGENOA Conference 23-26th of March
This is the regular guest fee to stay at Gaia Ashram. This contribution can be paid in cash on site.
Payment Process Gaia Calling:
Follow the link and click on tickets to order:
Please confirm your payment with us to emailing email@example.com and show your eventbrite ticket to us on your phone during registration on arrival at Gaia Ashram. This needs a paypal account or a creditcard to complete. Eventbrite is charging a small fee and part of the fee is taxes.
2) Bank transfer
Payment of the 2500 Thai Bath through bank transfer, this is best for those living in Thailand or already present in Thailand. This can be completed by going to any bank in Thailand, or by internet if your account is connected with or by an ATM with a bank card.
Account name: Sunisa Jamwiset
Account number: 1712668365
Please email us with the confirmation of payment and the receipt of payment by taking a picture of it and sending it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Also bring the receipt to the venue to show on arrival.
3) Other Payment:
For those that find it challenging to pay through the digital channels can choose to pay at the door (on site), the fee will be 2800 THB. If have any questions regarding payment please contact:
Gaia Ashram’s policy on drugs & alcohol
We allow no alcohol or drugs on the Gaia Ashram property. We ask people to smoke at the smoking corner only. This will help to provide healthy environment for learning and living together for one month. We encourage people to take this one month as an opportunity to have a break from their smoking or drinking.
“May this Gaia Calling be of benefit to Gaia and all her beings”