Celebration of the Great Turning
Dates: 29/12/2019 – 02/01/2020
Have you ever felt the profound connection to the web of life and to acknowledge this deep compassion we share with all beings?
Are you dedicating your life and work to ease the pain that humanity is causing to Mother Earth?
Humanity has been experiencing the age of crises ecologically, socially and spiritually. The ocean is being acidified, the glaciers are melting, species are disappearing faster than ever, life systems are trembling at all levels and extreme weather events are arising everywhere. Business as usual is clearly a no go. In this time, Gaia urgently needs the diversity and abundance of life to come back, and each of us has something plentiful to contribute to this great task of our time. Mother Earth is calling for a path of awakening, encouraging and commitment to regenerating life. And we listen, and we take action. Around the globe, waves of communities have replied to the great unraveling with beautiful regenerative actions, Asia is no exception.
We would like to send an invitation for those who are eager to celebrate the germination of a more beautiful future with eco-projects and sustainable communities in every corner of Asia. The time has come for us to shift from a neo-liberal destructive culture to a regenerative culture that cultivates love and life – which deep ecologists Joanna Macy calls “The Great Turning“. What would be a better way to celebrate it than sowing even more seeds and hatching even more eggs for the Active Hope to live on?
The Celebration of the Great Turning is not just a gathering, it is a journey that we can walk hand in hand. In gratitude, we honor Mother Earth and sympathize with her pain. We will hear stories from our brothers and sisters who are doing beautiful work and planting seeds of hope. In unity, we will see with new eyes and summon the power of our past and present to tap into the future. Together we will co-create a space full of love, kindness and creativity. Together, we will reflect on the past year and give blessing for a fruitful year to come for us and all beings.
This is an emergency time for life on Earth, it is also an emerging time for the Great Turning. That is why it becomes even more essential to facilitate the shift and nourish hope. Let us come together and rise!
Join us in Gaia Ashram where we close the year with appreciation and open 2020 full of potential. There are different ways you can co-create with us in this unique gathering:
- Share with us the stories of beautiful works are being done in your region.
- Save the date and come into the circle of celebration at the end of this year.
- While you’re here, you can offer your interest, talents or passion as gifts to the group. It could be singing, dancing, cooking, facilitating certain space/workshops, gardening, yoga, meditation… Please share with us how you would like to take part in these activities in the registration form.
The celebration is for you to co-create with us, do not hesitate to offer your gifts either in hosting spaces, sharing stories, transferring skills or sharing seeds. We believe that all of us have beautiful things to give and learn from each other.
- When? 29/12/2019 – 02/01/2020
- Where? Gaia Ashram – Thailand (Get to know about Gaia Ashram here)
- Who can join? Anyone who is on the journey of healing oneself and healing the Earth
- Participation fee: 2300B per person. This rate includes:
-3 vegetarian meals + snack each day – 270B/day
-Accommodation: Dormitory or bring your own tent (we can provide beddings for your tent) – 200B/night. For more privacy there are Shared room (with one or two others): extra 350B/night or Private room: extra 300B/night.
-There is no speaker fee or facilitator fee for this event. All our facilitators are voluntary and we hope you will contribute your gifts to host the spaces as well.
You can pay this fee by bank transfer or pay on-site.
- Bank information:
Account holder: Gaia Ashram
Account number: 171-2-64450-4
Please let us know after your transaction is completed.
- Ready to join? Here is our registration link: https://bit.ly/360IhzV
Facilities: Gaia Ashram provides basic facilities and the basic needs of participants will be met.
- Accommodation: Dormitory, shared rooms and single rooms. Mosquito nets, cushions, bedding, and blankets are provided.
- Private rooms and shared rooms are available with extra payment, please contact us in advance for booking as there are limit amounts of rooms available.
- Common Space for sessions: Indoor sessions will be held on the first floor of Gaia Sala & the Mini-Sala and practical session will be happening on the land.
- Toilet and Shower: compost toilets and showers for men and women.
- Internet: Internet Shop in the next village is usually available every day. We have a few bicycles available.
- Food: Healthy local vegetarian food will be served by local cooks. Participants will team up to cook breakfast in turns and on Sundays there is the space for participants to also cook lunch and dinner.
Gaia Ashram’s policy on drugs & alcohol
We allow no alcohol or drugs on the Gaia Ashram property. We ask people to smoke at the smoking corner only. This will help to provide a healthy environment for learning and living together for one month. We encourage people to take this one month as an opportunity to have a break from their smoking or drinking.
If you have any further questions, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
“Grace happens when we act with others on behalf of our world.”