August 15th 2016 – February 15th 2017
Are you a Permaculturalist? Ecovillage Designer? Deep Ecologist? Builder? Gardener? Natural product maker? Healer? Herbalist? Nutritionist? Shaman? Dancer? Artist? Yogi & Yogini?
Are you looking for a community to live to practice your knowledge and skills, a space to share your knowledge and skills with others, a place to use your knowledge and skills to create positive impact on earth?
Then, you might be interested in this program!
What is Gaia Ashram Teacher Internship Program?
The Gaia Ashram Teacher Internship is a program where we provide a learning space for those who wish to deepen and widen their knowledge and skills relating to sustainable and conscious living, who wish to use their knowledge and skills to help creating a better place on earth and who wish to share their knowledge and skills with others, who want to gain experience on teaching, leading groups and practice their facilitation skills as well as other skills for community living.
Who might be interested?
We are providing this programme especially for people who are interested in teaching / practice/ experiment their knowledge that is related to sustainable or conscious living such as the following areas:
Permaculture, Ecovillage Design, Deep Ecology, Spiritual Ecology, Wilderness retreats, Gardening, Natural Building, Alternative Technology, Nutrition, Herbalism, Healthy Food & Diet, Natural Healing & energy healing, Natural Products, Shamanism, Dance, Artists, Yoga & Tai Chi etc.
What the Gaia Ashram Teacher Internship offers to teacher interns?
- Time to study/research/experiment in your area of expertise for two days a week. This does not include the holiday (Sunday)
- Space to practically practice/experiment/to go deep in your area of expertise/interest
- Training and mentoring on facilitation skills and leadership styles (workshop on facilitation skills every two weeks)
- Training and mentoring on workshop/session design
- Chance to lead /give small workshops/presentations and instruct groups of volunteers at the Gaia Ashram
- Chance to facilitate or co-facilitate some sessions in our Gaia Ashram Internships program or other courses that are hosted at Gaia Ashram.
- Chance to learn how to organise a workshop/course
- Chance for those who are interested to teach children/youth, to work with local children/youth groups
- A Sangha (i.e. supportive community) to practice & share knowledge, social skills, community living and simple living skills
- A space to be close to nature, interact and help nature to heal herself.
- After their completion of the 6 months internship, the teacher intern can apply to be long term or part-time resident at Gaia Ashram, to be a teacher here, to run the learning center together, to have opportunity to organize/teach a courses or workshops here.
What Gaia Ashram asks of the teacher interns?
- – Joining the day to day community life, being part of the community, taking responsibility in the community such as being part of a chore team & living together according to the community structure.
- – Use your knowledge & expertise to enhance Gaia Ashram project in that aspect.
- – Working together practically in the garden, in building and maintaining the place, working together to enhance the Gaia Ashram project as a beautiful vibrant living learning center.“ A great teacher keeps their feet on the ground”.
How to apply?
- Send a motivation letter and a CV to us to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Have a skype interview, to get to know each other, where we will ask you questions and you can ask us questions, to have mutual understanding of the program and how it works.
- Fill in the registration form
- Sign up with a non-refundable downpayment of 100 euros through Eventbrite to secure your place (see below for more info on fees). We only take 10 interns teachers maximum!
Teacher Internship Fee:
- 6 months costs 400 euro
- 3 months costs 250 euro
This fee includes food, accommodation, facilities, mentoring & training in facilitation. We try to keep the fee as low as possible, part of the mentoring & facilitation fee is in exchange for work the intern teachers do for the project in their areas of interest/expertise.
Teacher Interns are asked to sign up & make a 100 euro non-refundable downpayment through Eventbrite. The rest of the Teacher Internship fee will be paid in cash Thai bath on the day of arrival at Gaia Ashram.
Who We are?
Gaia Ashram is a project founded in 2013 with the aim to grow a forest and gardens on the land where the project is based. We hope to grow a forest that produces food, abundance, diversity and is also a home for many beings. Gaia Ashram also aims to be an alternative education center on Permaculture, Ecovillage Design, Deep Ecology & other sustainable living practices. Gaia Ashram aims to be a learning centre where people from around the world come to learn to live in harmony with nature as well as to be empowered to work with and work for nature – for life on earth.
Where we are?
After 3 years of hard working to develop the land, the land now becomes so much more than just a rice field which what it was before. More trees, more green, more animals. Basic infrastructure such as the kitchen, showers, toilets, dormitory and sala (the learning center) are up. The Gaia Ashram has already hosted a many volunteers and we have hosted 4 one month long Internship programs. From this point we realize the potential of the project to serve as a learning center & the Earth community so much more than it’s already been doing. We realize it can be space of learning for people at different level of transformation. Some are at the very beginning of their journey. Some are more experienced. We are launching this program for those who are more experienced in sustainable and conscious living practices to come together and make the Gaia Ashram an active and energetic learning centre. We need more people who want to teach, want to learn to teach, who might even want to be part of the Gaia Ashram team, and become a long term resident!
Facilities: Teacher Interns should not expect much comfort. Basic facilities and needs are provided for.
Accommodation: Dormitory, second floor of the Gaia Sala. Few tents are available for those who prefer to stay in tents. There are a few guesthouses for rent for those who want more private space.
Common Space for sessions: Indoor sessions will be held at the first floor of Gaia Sala, other session will be held underneath big trees.
Toilet and Shower: Compost toilets and roofless shower for men and women.
Internet: Internet Shop is nearby in the next village and is usually available everyday. It is possible to get an internet sim and potentially a dongle which can give you good internet connection.
Food: We cook in turns when there are no courses going on and during courses we have cooks to cook for us & the participants. All meals are vegetarian.
Interested please contact us at: